For my ICM midterm, I wanted to do something with a music library. My original idea was to use the iTunes music library xml file, but it turns out that that file is not a true xml file, it’s formatted as a plist (or property list). For the first few days of working on this, I wrote code to try to transform the plist to an xml I could work with in Processing.
It was getting messy.
Then my computer crashed and because I didn’t save (lesson learned!) I lost a whole day of work.
So instead, I used an xml file from Pandora which shows a users latest activity. Users input their username, and the application will show you their latest activity pulled from an xml file.
I added some mouse-enable effects for scrolling and on rollover.